[LOCAL SPECIAL TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE]
[RESULTS] ... [TOP MONEY WINNERS] ... [LOCAL NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS] ... 
Local Special Tournaments:
June 8th 2018 $100 Added! Foos-Friday ...$10 entry – 7pm Spot’DYP at Cullman Bowling Center
May 18th 2018 $20 Added! Darby’s Friday Night Foos’n - Open Singles 6pm & DYP 8pm ...$10 entry at Cullman Bowling Center
May 12th 2018 $150 Added! Cullman Open FoosBash ...Saturday Open Singles 1pm, Open DYP 3pm, Open Doubles 6pm, Cullman,AL
May 5th 2018 $50 Added! Birmingham FoosFight ...$10 entry – Open "Draw Your Partner" 8pm Saturday night at The Break Restaurant & Billiards
April 20th 2018 $50 Added! Friday FoosBlitz ...$10 entry – Open Singles 5pm and Open Doubles 7pm Friday night at Cullman Bowling Center
April 6th 2018 $50 Added! Friday FoosBlitz ...$10 entry – Open Singles 5pm and Open Doubles 7pm Friday night at Cullman Bowling Center
March 3rd 2018 $200 Added! North Alabama Open ...Saturday Open Singles 1pm, Ala-Amateur Doubles 3pm, Open DYP 3pm, Open Doubles 5pm, Cullman,AL
February 3rd 2018 Mr. Hot Shot! - FoosBash ...Saturday Forward Shootout 4pm, Open DYP 5pm, Open Doubles 7pm, Cullman,AL
January 20th 2018 Cullman Open FoosBash ...Saturday Open Singles 2pm, Open DYP 4pm, Open Doubles 6pm, Cullman,AL
January 12th 2018 Friday DYP ...$10 entry - 7pm Open DYP at the Cullman Bowling Center
January 6th 2018 $50 Added! cold weather foosin’ ...$10 entry - 5pm Open Singles & 7pm Open DYP at the Cullman Bowling Center
... [RESULTS] ... [TOP WINNERS] ... [NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS]
[TOP WINNERS] ... [NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS]
6-8-18 $100 Added! Foos-Friday (Spot'DYP)/in Cullman
- Draw Your Partner
1st ...Stephen Darby & Mike Camp/ 2-Danny Bagwell & Bill Darby/ 3-Jerry Stewart & Lucas Boyd
5-18-18 Darby’s Cullman "Friday Night Foos’n" (Open Singles)
$20 Added! Open Singles
1st ...Nick Peterson/ 2-Steve Perry/ 3-Jerry Stewart
1st ...Stephen Darby & Jerry Stewart
5-12-18 $150 Added! Cullman FoosBash/in Cullman
- Open Singles
1st ...David Bagwell/ 2-Rodney Jenkins/ 3- Jim Wiggs/ 4-Danny Bagwell
1st ...Danny Bagwell & Jim Wiggs/ 2-David Bagwell & Jerry Stewart/ 3-Ken Williams & Lucas Boyd/ 4-Nick Peterson & Ricky Smith
1st ...Danny Bagwell & David Bagwell/ 2- Rodney Jenkins & Jim Wiggs/ 3-Nick Peterson & Ken Williams/ 4-Jeremy Monroe & Lucas Boyd
5-5-18 $50 Added! Birmingham FoosFight/(Open DYP)
- 1st ...Stephen Darby & Jerry Stewart/ 2-Randy Raposo & Al Widok/ 3-Nick Peterson & Rodney Jenkins
4-20-18 $50 Added! Friday FoosBlitz/in Cullman
- Open Singles
1st ...David Bagwell/ 2-Jim Wiggs/ 3-Nick Peterson
1st ...David Bagwell & Rodney Jenkins/ 2-Danny Bagwell & Jerry Stewart/ 3-Nick Peterson & Jim Wiggs
4-12-18 Decatur Foos-Thursday (Spot'DYP)
- 1st ...Stephen Darby & Rodney Jenkins/ 2-Jeremy Monroe & Al Widok/ Nick Peterson, Dale Moore.
4-6-18 $50 Added! Friday FoosBlitz/in Cullman
- Open Singles
1st ...Jeremy Monroe/ 2-David Bagwell/ 3-Jim Wiggs
1st ...Stephen Darby & Nick Peterson/ 2-Rodney Jenkins & Al Widok/ 3-Dale Moore & Matt Kuemmel
3-30-18 Darby’s Cullman "Friday Night Foos’n" (Spot'DYP)
- 1st ...Stephen Darby & Jerry Stewart/ 2-Nick Peterson & Al Widok/ 3-Garet Peterson & Ray Ayers
3-3-18 $200 Added North Alabama Open/in Cullman
- Open Singles
1st ...Liem Le/ 2-Jim Wiggs/ 3-Randy Raposo/ 4-Stephen Darby
1st ...Liem Le & Jim Wiggs/ 2-Cindy Head & Jimmie Starrett/ 3-Rodney Jenkins & Ray Ayers/ 4-Randy Raposo & Al Widok
1st ...Liem Le & Chad Buckley/ 2- Rodney Jenkins & Billy Caylor/ 3-David Bagwell & Ray Ayers/ 4-Ken Williams & David Burnett
2-25-18 Cullman Foos-Sunday
- 1st ...Steve Perry & Mike Camp/ 2-Ricky Smith & Rodney Jenkins/ Austin & The Undertaker
2-22-18 Cullman Foos-Thursday (Spot'Singles)
- 1st ...Rodney Jenkins/ 2-Al Widok/ 3-Stephen Darby
2-13-18 Cullman Foos-Tuesday (Spot'DYP)
- 1st ...Stephen Darby & Ray Ayers/ 2-Al Widok & Kevin Allen/ 3-Nick Peterson & Rodney Jenkins
2-11-18 Cullman "Sunday DYP" (Spot'DYP)
- 1st ...Nick Peterson & Lucas Boyd/ 2-Al Widok & Rodney Jenkins/ 3-Steve Perry & Ricky Smith
2-3-18 $140 Added Mr. Hot Shot! FoosBash/in Cullman
- Mr. Hot Shot! Forward Shootout
1st ...Jim Wiggs/ 2-Jeremy Monroe/
1st ...Nick Peterson & Stephen Darby/ 2-Rodney Jenkins & Ray Ayers/ 3-Jim Wiggs & Al Widok
1st ...Rodney Jenkins & Jim Wiggs/ 2- Nick Peterson & Jeremy Monroe/ 3-Dale Moore & David Bagwell
1-20-18 $100 Added Cullman Open FoosBash/in Cullman
- Open Singles
1st ...Nick Peterson/ 2-Rodney Jenkins/ 3-Jim Wiggs
1st ...Nick Peterson & Stephen Darby/ 2-Steve Perry & Rodney Jenkins/ 3-Jim Wiggs & Jeremy Monroe
1st ...Jim Wiggs & Rodney Jenkins/ 2-Nick Peterson & Dale Moore/ 3-Steve Perry & Mike Fondren
1-12-18 $20 Added Friday Open DYP/at Cullman Bowling Center
- 1st ...Nick Peterson & Stephen Darby/ 2-Jeremy Monroe & Lucas Boyd/ 3-Rodney Jenkins & Zach Johnson
1-6-18 $50 Added cold weather foosin’/in Cullman
- Open Singles
1st ...Jim Wiggs/ 2-Randy Raposo/ 3-Rodney Jenkins
1st ...Jim Wiggs & Rodney Jenkins/ 2-Nick Peterson & Steve Perry/ 3-Al Widok & Jeremy Monroe
See additional results at [2017-AL]
[SouFooPro TOP MONEY WINNERS] ... [NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS]
(For the period Beginning in January 2018 through December 2018)
LOCAL NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
See additional news at: [2017-AL.]
- The long-time foosball tournament location for the Alabama Foosball Program in Birmingham, The Break Restaurant & Billiards, has recently closed it’s location in the Five-Points South area. The owner told me that plans are to re-open the business in a different location and that he will be interested including the foosball tables. He also noted that it would be at least a year before the new location will be ready.
I also recently removed the table that was on location in Montgomery at Ric&Moes.
- The Cullman Bowling Center is currently closed for a major remodeling project and the foosball tables have been removed for the process. Management has stated that they will be interested to keep the foosball Program once the remodel project is complete if anyway possible. My fingers are crossed since the property improvements will create a favorable atmosphere for the foosball activities that we’ve enjoyed at that site for so many years. The business improvement plans include a restaurant/bar creation. Looking forward to potentially continuing the tournament program in Cullman once the Cullman Bowling Center re-opens for business. Thanks for your patience during this period.
CBC has re-opened for business; unfortunately, no room for foosball at this time.
- Kentucky State! Several local foosball players traveled to Lexington for the popular Kentucky State Championships of foosball during the recent January 25-28th 2018 weekend. Pictured is Stephen Darby while practicing on a table and staying ready for his journey in the “rookie singles” event where he captured an outstanding 5th place finish out of the 65 participants. Stephen also placed in several other events during the weekend and with varying partners. He and Al Widok finished 9th place of the “rookie doubles” event.
Nick Peterson placed in several events as well including 5th place of the “amateur doubles” event while teamed with Dale Moore--Fifth place also, of the “spot-advance type doubles” event, where Nick teamed with Steve Perry.
The Kentucky State tournament is always a very competitive and “Tour-like” tournament with many of the top national foosball competitors in attendance. International players attended as well. Billy Caylor and myself survived for a 4th place finish of the “open doubles” event with a field of 67 teams participating. Congratulations to all for outstanding performances.
- CTF Chattanooga Tennessee Foos: ...Tonight's Foosball Tournament will be held in Memory of my Best Friend Aaron Hartline who passed away last night after many years of dialysis, the Lord called him home. No more hurting or suffering-- R.I.P. --A lot of you knew him, we played together for 30+ years and he was a Great Friend, Great Person, and a Great Foosball player. Aaron, You will be missed by many and never forgotten Buddy, we LOVE YOU! R.I.P. Aaron "ROOKIE" Hartline - feeling sad with Randy Goforth and 2 others at I'm Game Chattanooga.
- Congratulations to a long-time foosball friend, Jon Yarbrough, who made his way from a foosball vending start to eventually the Forbes 400 list.
As a college student in Tennessee, Yarbrough struck a deal with a local arcade: He'd lend the place his foosball table, and they'd split the revenue 50-50. People lined up to play. He doubled down after graduating, buying more foosball tables as well as pinball machines and putting them in other arcades. He then started creating his own video games. His company Video Gaming Technologies makes networked multi-player video games and expanded alongside the rise of tribal casinos. Yarbrough announced plans to sell the company to Australian firm Aristocrat Leisure for $1.28 billion in June. See more about his journey at: www.forbes.com
- Our foosball event that took place this past Saturday in Cullman was dedicated honoring the memory of “Mr. Tim Bagwell“ whom passed away recently. Three open events were featured--singles/draw/doubles--where a points race format was used to dictate the most outstanding performance by the participants during the events and a special award is to be presented as representation.
I’m sure the last name, Bagwell, rings a bell with foosball players in Alabama as it should, Tim was David Bagwell’s uncle. Tim was very instrumental in the development of so many foosball players back in the earliest days of competitive foosball here in Alabama. Tim operated “The Foosball Emporium“ in Birmingham where several of these areas well known foosball talents got their start and spent lots of time developing their skills playing foosball. It’s my understanding this location is where the legendary Cindy Head started playing foosball.
From the Jasper, Alabama area, David Bagwell, is one of our top foosball players. Maybe it’s in the bloodline....David’s dad, Jerry Bagwell is a brother to Tim and he also operated a popular foosball tournament location which was in Jasper among those early days. David Bagwell has two sons: Danny and Chase and both are very good foosball players and they both are quickly climbing up the Alabama foosball player rankings as well.
By winning Open Singles, finishing 2nd in the Open Draw, and then earning a 4th place in Open Doubles, how cool is it that David Bagwell earned the most outstanding player award for the tournament honoring his Uncle Tim Bagwell? Congratulations David, and thank you to the 18 players participated in the “Tim Bagwell Memorial FoosBash“ on June 10, 2017. See complete results listed above.
- The Cullman FoosBash tournament on Saturday was lots of fun as 20 foosball players showed up for the action of three events which included open singles, open dyp, and open doubles. The competition was stiff since many of the top players of the area were in attendance. Pictured right is action between two teams that battled it out for first place of the open dyp event: Cindy Head(Birmingham) & Jamie Milam(Alexander City) against David Bagwell(Jasper) & Ryan McGowan(Huntsville). David & Ryan eventually prevailed earning a share of the cash prizes distributed to the top three teams of each event. All players did a great job helping keep the tournament running efficiently throughout the evening particularly David Bagwell. David fell to the losers bracket early of every event and then was able to battle his way back to finishing among the top of each event. He was playing great and it seemed like he was playing matches almost constantly throughout the evening. Ryan McGowan played exceptionally well during the tournament as well which started at 3pm and finished just after midnight. See the results section of this page.
.....Thanks to all for coming out and playing the event, Rodney Jenkins
- Attention foosball players! The Cullman weekly DYP tournament is being moved to “Every Tuesday” night 6pm for those interested. I will be unavailable to run the weekend tournaments unless otherwise announced until the college softball season is over. I was not actively playing foosball for a long time and I’ve thoroughly enjoyed playing again for the last few months. I would like to continue playing and I will be at the Cullman Bowling Center on Tuesday nights at 6pm beginning February 1st for anyone interested in playing pick-up games and/or a DYP tournament if enough interested show up.
Periodical weekend tournaments will be announced as usual. If you’d like to be added to the tournament announcement/notification group, simply email me your name and include your preferred “email or texting” contact information: [HERE].
- IN MEMORY OF ..... Shortly after I started playing foosball back in the very late 1970’s, I became interested in creating a competitive opportunity for my friends and I, and for all those in my area that enjoyed playing the game at that time. Eventually, I was encouraged to expand my tournament promotional efforts into other areas of Alabama and ultimately into the surrounding states which became an effort that I referred to as our Southern Foosball Program. Along with this project came an opportunity that I cherish, I had the privilege of meeting a lot of people of whom share the similar interest as I in this unique game/sport of foosball. Along the way, special friendships have developed and an expanded community of foosball enthusiasts exists as a result.
Periodically, I receive the dreaded notifications about a fellow foosball player that has passed away. Regretfully, I usually want to share this information among the foosball community. With all due respect, I would like to keep the memory of these beloved individuals among us as we continue.
…Thanks, Rodney Jenkins
Jim Wildmon - Hanceville,AL (1968-2018) [PHOTO]
Rob Fowler - Hartselle,AL (1962-2018) [PHOTO]  
Aaron Hartline - Chickamauga,GA (1964-2018) [PHOTO]
Randy Jett - Sumiton,AL (1961-2016) [PHOTO]
Tim Hutton - Chattanooga,TN (1963-2016) [PHOTO] 
Vernon Pearson - Cullman,AL (...2016) [PHOTO] 
Tom Farley - Huntsville,AL (...2016) [PHOTO]
Bruce Caldwell - Huntsville,AL (1957-2016) [PHOTO] 
Cliff Williams - Chattanooga,TN (...2016) [PHOTO]
Rob Moore - Mobile,AL (...2016) [PHOTO]  
David Chancey - Saraland,AL (1964-2013) [PHOTO]   
Tony Gamso - Gadsden,AL (1960-2006) [PHOTO] 
Chad Culver - Hanceville,AL (1981-2000) [PHOTO] 
Keith Beal - Huntsville,AL
Direct your questions or comments to the Southern Foosball Program/Rodney Jenkins at (256) 734-6349, or by email: email@example.com.
[ABOUT THE PROGRAM] [CLASS POINT RATINGS] [TABLES FOR SALE]